POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Lighting problems. : Lighting problems. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Lighting problems.
From: TonyB
Date: 17 Apr 2000 02:08:48
Message: <38faaa70@news.povray.org>
Hello. I need some help to finish the hallway scene I'm working on. Here's
the situation: I need for the lamps to cast light, and yet be
self-shadowing. I tried using looks_like, but they don't self-shadow. I
tried with light_groups, and got no where, since the lamp needs to be lit
from an external source to show up. I tried using rgbf <1,1,1,.1> and very
bright lights, but I get some strange banding on the bottom of the lightbulb
that no amount of max_trace_level seems to cure. What can I do? I want to
put lights in the center of the lightbulbs, but for the bulbs to be opaque
(non-transparent), slightly reflective and self-shadowing. Help. TIA